Muddled Musings

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

a strip tease.

It was a Sound of Music moment: a 40 year-old man (with cut-off shorts cut much too short) running over the hills of the Plains of Abraham to greet his ''Belles Fleures''(the beautiful flowers, who,unfortunately, happened to be me and my friend). He was a Quebecois filled with spontaneity and sexuality. He invited us to his apartment to give us a drink and a strip tease, giving us detailed descriptions about his anatomy-- much more than I ever wanted to know. It was one of the more awkward moments of my life.

Besides our stripper friend, c'est la vie en rose ici. I think that's an expression meaning that life is pretty darn good. Classes for 4 hours per day without homework gives me more time than I know what to do with!

8 Comments:

Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

Ann- I'm so jealous. I think I'm in over my head here, with all these highly intellectual philosophers! I should have taken more philosophy courses at Dordt...

But I'm thrilled for you, too. And am loving your T.O. You'll have to come visit my apartment some time!!!

1:07 p.m.  
Blogger Tom S said...

Ha...awkward, but funny too. For better or worse, colorful things like that just don't happen too often over in Iowa. Wherever I go after Dordt, I hope things are a little more lively. I'm currently thinking post-grad studies in philosphy, seminary, or just traveling abroad would all suit me well...assuming I start giving a little more effort in my classes. Guess we'll see what the future has in store...

I sent you a letter earlier this week, thought maybe it'd do you good to hear from a familar voice. However, I'm a little less than adept at using the postal system...so if it never arrives that would probably be why. Take care Ann...

1:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Ann!!!!

7:02 p.m.  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Guys theatening to strip for you, drunken men, foreign languague? WOW! What great stories!

Glad to hear you're enjoying "la vie en rose".

Sorry to hear you've left T.O.
And I never even saw you there...

sigh.

4:48 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel:) said...

Guess what? I miss you!
Cheers!

10:23 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Wow! That would have been very interesting to see! I'm sorry I missed the expression on your face! :)
I was once given an unrequested peep show...well, more than a peep show...more of a "here it is, look at me!" sort of a show... my friend and i ran in the other direction. i think i was permanently scarred...

3:38 a.m.  
Blogger Dane said...

without homework. . . you SUCK! I have six hours of classes (all be it twice a week) with a ton of homework and summary work (which I don't do whole heartedly). Ah well, at least you kinda know the language of those around you. I suck at Nederlands.

2:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

joining you is sounding better and better every day...

11:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home