Muddled Musings

Monday, August 28, 2006

ah, l`amour.

The very first person I met in Quebec was my drunk custodian. I thought to myself, «Yup, I really am in Quebec-- the land where beer is cheaper than water (for real).» Even though my first conversation with a Quebecois was sort of sketchy, my new apartment is not sketchy at all...I can happily call it home. The only downside is that I can`t officially say that I live in Quebec City, because the border between my suburb and the city is 100 metres from my apartment.

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

I have one year left. One semester of classes, one semester of student teaching. Cheaper than water? You Canadian bar wench, you.

3:36 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel:) said...

Hey babe, glad to hear you enjoyed the baptists!:) I hung with my cuz and his friend all day... hmmm.... i want you to get your lettter!:) Nothing long or anything, but that might come later, becaseu i bought 4 canadian to canadian stamps and after oct. what am i going to do with them!:)

6:13 p.m.  
Blogger Marcus said...

isn't living on your own strange? I know it is for me...

7:01 p.m.  
Blogger Kunnari said...

such irony... move all that way and not be a true Quebecian.

8:37 p.m.  
Blogger flurp-boink said...

how cool.

8:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Tuesday evening and we just missed your phone call!! That was a wonderful update on what you're up to. I can't wait till you get a phone and get your e-mail working. You sound happy:)

6:34 p.m.  
Blogger Hannah said...

What do << these things >> mean in French? Ann, the very little French of yours that rubbed off on me is quickly dwindling in this Spanglish land I live in.

9:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, i can't wait to come and visit u on the train, i'm still working on mom to let me go alone, there's only one stop over. Je t'aime Becoup!!!!!
~lil sis

11:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home