Muddled Musings

Thursday, August 24, 2006

au revoir.

Up until 2 weeks ago, everything I owned fit into one suitcase. Since then, I've somehow accumulated enough stuff to fill half of my family's garage. I've been ransacking my basement, garage sales and goodwill stores trying to furnish an entire apartment (which I'll move into tomorrow). A huge thanks to my parents for driving all over creation to search out good deals. My mom even spent an entire night dedicated to finding curtains.

I've mixed feelings about heading up to Quebec City. On the one hand, I'm fulfilling my Bohemian dream to grow herbs, read Kierkegaard, make wine and just live life. On the other hand, I'm really, really sick of packing, unpacking, packing, unpacking and packing up again. Hopefully I'll be settled in my little apartment in Quebec for a little longer than four months (which has been my usual average time in one place for the last while). Mostly, I'm stoked; but I get those moments where I think to myself, "What the heck are you doing???..."

7 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

What are you doing in Quebec, mon cherie?

9:35 p.m.  
Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

Ann! I wanted to see you one last time before you left, and no night this week worked!! Boo! I hope that your packing and unpacking goes well today. I'm jealous of all your good finds at garage sales and goodwill! I'm going to hit the thrift stores this weekend to look for pots and pans, maybe a couch or chair. Miss you!

12:22 p.m.  
Blogger Josh said...

Ann -
I hope that your moving went well and that you're getting settled in the beautiful province of Quebec. I'll try to send you an update email soon. Take care, girl!

7:51 a.m.  
Blogger Rachel:) said...

hey babe! I hope that you are doing well, have fun in Quebece, hmmm... rememeber that adress you sent me, i used it, i hope it comes to you!:) Cheers mate! I mis you!

12:13 p.m.  
Blogger mike kramer said...

i do not believe that you are following the diet plan correctly. that is all i can say

4:52 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

hmmm...i've had alot of those moments lately... i hope that for both of us, time will be the remedy.
lots of love!

2:59 a.m.  
Blogger mike kramer said...

perhaps i will take you up on that visit offer sometime. what is quebec like in the winter?

6:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home