Muddled Musings

Friday, March 31, 2006

rain.

Mmmmm....it's rainy, drizzly, dreary...the kind of day where curling up with a book, wearing your room mate's comfiest sweater, and sipping chai tea is the most tempting way to exist.
Too bad I probably won't do this. Instead, I'll do my homework, go grocery shopping, and go to class--the practical things that I am supposed to do. Aargh. I wish I didn't have the oldest-child syndrome in which responsibilities always take precedence over living life fully and abundantly! Someone should tell me to take my life, screw the responsible living, and curl up with that book and sip my chai...

Aside: For some interesting coffee art, go to http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/coffee-art.html

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ann, i don't think there is something as old-sister sydrom, cause then julie has it too. I think it's more like everyother sister syndrom. :) Go enjoy life!!!! c.a.

12:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ann, i don't think that it's older sister syndrom, i think it's every-other sister sydrom. cuase i think Julie might have it too, but not to the same extent as you. :) Go enjoy life!!!!!!!! ca

12:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, i didn't think it worked, so i wrote two, then they both magically were there.

12:18 p.m.  
Blogger Andrea said...

Maybe it's a lit lover syndrome....

2:51 p.m.  
Blogger Josh said...

I like rain. And chai. Put them together with a couch, blanket, roaring fireplace, and a book...glorious.

I empathize with you in having the oldest-child syndrome...so sometimes you just have to do what you suggested and say "screw the responsible living!" It might get you in trouble if you do it too much, though...so use discresion. :) It's all about our favorite word: balance.

9:12 p.m.  
Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

Ann,
I, too, question whether your diligence is an oldest syndrome... because I'm the youngest, and I have it too!! AHHH! Maybe it's contagious.
SG

9:03 p.m.  
Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

Ann,
I, too, must question the assertion that your diligence is a result of an oldest daughter syndrome...I'm the youngest, and I join you in your suffering!

sg

9:04 p.m.  
Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

Yeah, I'm a first-time blogger...hence the double message from me...
sg

9:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home