Muddled Musings

Sunday, March 19, 2006

have a hug, kramer.

Spring Break makes me feel as if I've entered the wardrobe into Narnia for one week, and then stepped back into Dordt life again as if Narnia never happened--as if Spring Break has been a figment of my imagination. 33 Tim Horton's coffees and 5 wins later, Rachel, Jenn and I leave my home and native land and head back to Iowa.
'Twas a good adventure, albeit strange. Strange, because my Dordt-World and my Home-World collided, two worlds which had previously been distinctly separate, save for the commonality of me existing in both of them. From exploring the sophisticated activity of wine-tasting to hopping on a hay-ride for a maple syrup tour, we saw everything Canada has to offer, from a well-rounded perspective of a med student, an ed student, and a Bohemian Canadian.
Highlight stories:
Disney on Ice: A sketchy man selling colouring books calls out to Rachel, "Hey, want to colour with me tonight?" Rachel, being the excited education major that she is, replies, "Yes, yes! I'd love too!"
Jenn meets Henry: For the first time in two years, Henry met someone who shared a same passion for biology as himself. This married man followed her around the maple syrup farm to bask in her knowledge on maple syrup. She even knew, afterall, that syrup boils at 104 degrees Celsuis and is only 66 percent sugar. Unbeknownst to him, all her info came--not from being a biology major-but from reading his pamphlet.
Mom is happy: Jenn performed her first surgery, replacing my pussing piercing with something a little less obtrusive. My mom can look at me and love me again.
Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger mike kramer said...

why do i get a hug? where do i pick it up?

11:37 a.m.  
Blogger Carolyn said...

rachel told me about the coloring book story. hillarious. things like that only happen to rachel eckardt...

and i have had two worlds collide and it is wierd, you are right. but I'm glad you pulled through.

6:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home