Muddled Musings

Monday, February 27, 2006

c'est la vie.

The Senior Scramble is a very real phenomenon; and refers to a much broader context than getting hooked-up, engaged and married by May. The SS refers to scrambling for some tangible survival plan for post-college life. Which is why I sit here, staring at my computer screen, writing a resume--and wondering, "Hmmm...what have I done that is worthwhile during the past four years?" Considering I don't have a major, worthwhile things are difficult to prove. Marketing myself as a jack-of-all trade (conveniantly omitting the "master of none" clause) will simply have to suffice. One day--perhaps--it will be nice to have life semi-figured out, to cease nomadic tendencies, to settle, and to have complete direction for my life. Likely, I'll be hallucinating on LSD on a street corner if I ever actually think I've gotten to this point.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel:) said...

Hey ann, i think you are so on about the senior scramble in other ways, i can see it in my roomies! but unfourtunly i dont have to play yet, because i still have one more semester to go!:( i can't wait for spring break!

2:16 p.m.  
Blogger mike kramer said...

hey ann. words words words. words. words words words.

i had something intelligent to say, but i decided not to, because i can't think of the word i was going to use. it totally slipped my mind, and all the synanyms for it do not suffice.

11:28 a.m.  
Blogger Jihad Hernandez said...

ARA. It's van.grantham@gmail.com
yeah, you know you love it. Send me your story! I am rapidly dying for lack of intellectual stimulation. Please send me your story, I would love to comment on it!

--the R

2:29 p.m.  
Blogger mike kramer said...

hey ann. i see you now have a counter on your site. thats cool. by pushing refresh, i was visitor 15, 16, 17, and i will be eighteen as soon as i go back there.

-mike

2:26 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel:) said...

ann, i was just wishing you were in the library with me! i am reserching art history and alot of sites come up in french. i need your french experitise!

6:57 p.m.  
Blogger mike kramer said...

friggen put up a new post.

1:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home