Muddled Musings

Friday, March 24, 2006

it exists.

School really does exist. For a long time now, I've been able to convince myself that homework was a figment of my imagination. Unfortunately, the textbooks whacked me in the head this week, woke me up from my Utopian dream, and threw me back into reality. And here I sit, doing homework.

In actuality, this is useful stuff that I'm studying. Stuff that will get me a job so I can say I'm fulfilling my calling. But the fact that I have to sit down and do it...well...I can think of some semi-useless other things that I'd rather be doing right about now, like blogging. A proposal should be given to Ken Boersma which states that seniors should not be allowed to have or do homework in the last month of school, as it should be spent 'building community' with those around them (ie. socializing).

7 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

You are so smart. We should get this proposal passed....

4:41 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel:) said...

I think we should pass this proposal too! I miss you already! I want you to know that i love you!

9:08 p.m.  
Blogger mike kramer said...

i hate being reminded that there is only a month left.

12:33 a.m.  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I think we should get credit for our social lives. I will be passing a 4.0 with ease.

8:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is nice to see you have your contancts figured out. and can't this proposal go for juniors to? cross-class community building?

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Mike E said...

You guys have homework the last month of your senior year? That's too bad. I thought they got rid of that last year. maybe that is if you don't take any classes...

9:10 p.m.  
Blogger Mike E said...

All the socializing I did at Dordt prepared me for my job as a youth minister. Keep up the socializing, and I am planning on coming out to Dordt the week of graduation. I am excited!

9:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home