Muddled Musings

Friday, June 23, 2006

the worst week ever.

I have survived hell and live to tell the tale. It all began when I spent Monday morning tracking down lost Americans who were scattered across Toronto (some even made it beyond Toronto), rural drivers driving in the big city for the first time with maps with wrong directions...that was only the beginning....

These teens eat. A lot. I made 6 grocery runs to No Frills in 3 days. I am gaining arm muscle from all that milk I'm buying. Somehow, I unfortunately managed to lose 5 pounds in the process. Maybe it's the stress of watching the teens drop 5 dozen eggs onto the carpet (smell from hell!!), or of overflowing toilets which cause ceilings to fall out or of 30 teengage boys dropping suitcases off of a 150-year-old balcony (which also creates collapsed ceilings. Surprise).

Let me tell you about Plastic Bag Lady. She sneaks into the church every morning to eat our bagels. She has plastic bags braided through her hair. She has plastic bags wrapped around her fingers. She chews plastic bags constantly--even when she eats our bagels. Today she said she was 7th Day Adventist. Yesterday, she was Pentecostal. Pretty much she just likes bagels.

This morning, I discovered that 5 American Passports had gone missing (for the record, not my fault). While talking to the president of Youthworks regarding this slight problem, the fire alarm went off and I had to simultaneously herd 75 people out of the church. How do you explain to the head of a huge organization that you can't talk to him about missing passports because you have to talk to the head of the fire department?

And then tonight. Oh Friday. The weekend. Right? I was going to get into nice clothes, and maybe even shower (haven't really done that since last Wednesday. Baby wipes and sink showers don't suffice). No such luck. Stupid eggs. Another 5 dozen fallen on the floor. The work never stops. Ever.

I am going to bed to hide from my responsibilities. Good-night.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jihad Hernandez said...

oh Ann Renee.

9:51 p.m.  
Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

Oh dear Ann. I love you and I miss you. I feel like I have a window into what you're experiencing after seeing you in your element last week. You and your staff are in my prayers daily!! Give me a call (or may I call you?) if you want to vent again!!

10:26 a.m.  
Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANN RENEE!!!
I love you and I miss you dearly. I hope your week is an improvement over last.
Can't wait to see you again on Saturday!

1:37 p.m.  
Blogger Tom S said...

That's rough...now I really feel bad about asking to pray about my situation as you don't seem to be having it much easier...I'll continue to keep you in prayer, hopefully things will settle down for you and your staff a little bit sometime soon...

9:37 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

it was your birthday? what day? congrats!
i have always loved this blessing, so i pass it on to you in my prayers tonight:
"may the lord bless you and keep you, may he make his face shine upon you, and give you peace."

9:48 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel:) said...

ANN!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! i wanted to call you so bad (on the acutal day), but i had no number for you! waht is your number! I love you sooo much! I miss you heaps too!:) Have a better week, i will be praying for you!

5:53 p.m.  
Blogger Mike E said...

I wish I could take my group to you guys it sounds like you have lots of fun there. I am sorry that it has been so hard. I hope you have grown stronger because of it and that you are having it a little easier now. Keep learning and loving.

3:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home