Muddled Musings

Sunday, May 14, 2006

grown up.

Today I ceremoniously officiated the shift into Adulthood by taking out my eyebrow piercing. [insert sigh] It didn't look nice anyways-- it's always infected. Even so, it 'twas somewhat sad to say bye to it. If I have a 'real' job where I'm leading 'real' grown ups, I suppose they won't appreciate some punk who will lead them astray. Needless to say, my mom is happy. (I haven't quite given it up completely--it's just that it's barely visible. I can't bring myself to transition 100%.)

Today I also talked with cousin who I hadn't seen since the day of my Pake's (friesen for grandpa) funeral 3 1/2 years ago. My own flesh-and-blood-- we wore diapers and were potty-trained at the same-- and I didn't even recognize him. He's moving out West. I'm moving out East. And the chances of us meeting again anytime soon are becoming less probable...weird. I wish him God's blessings, I suppose.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jihad Hernandez said...

in the words of a great poet of our time, 'it sucks to grow up'. There's good things, sure; but it's still sad saying goodbye.

It is very warm here. I think I will exile blankets from my bed, perhaps not even pulling the sheet over myself. And even if I do, I'll leave my feet hanging out at the end of the bed. Why does typing this seem so lonely? It could be the post-emo-kid-indie-rock I'm listening to right now.

11:49 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel:) said...

ANN!! I miss you heaps!!!!! I had an amazing visit with a school today, i felt like an adult to! It is sad to see people go and know it might be a while until the next visist. Seems i find myself in a lot of those situations, but this summer will be filled with first time meetings. i love you sooo much!

9:53 a.m.  
Blogger Cassie and Kevin Zonnefeld said...

Ann I feel as though we must recreate the world we live in, people must learn to respect the fact that people with eye brow rings are normal, functional and even maybe Christian people who seek after God.

11:30 a.m.  
Blogger Mike E said...

I concur with Rueban on this one, I was just going to get one because of your example. but now I don't know anymore. Don't give in to the uniformity of our culture.

12:50 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel:) said...

Ann, darling, i awaited your call, sorry i was not home. i will await a call from you soon!

1:40 p.m.  
Blogger Marcus said...

but honey, I liked your piercing...

8:57 p.m.  
Blogger Mela said...

on friday amanda, danish, and I are going to alberta to see some aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins I havn't seen in 3.5 years.
enjoy your summer!
love ya and miss ya!

9:37 a.m.  
Blogger Jonathan said...

moving out east? like P.E.I? The orient?

7:16 p.m.  
Blogger Mike E said...

Hey where can I get more info on the mission trip organization you work for in Toronto? Can you help?

2:35 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

mmm, i liked your piercing.
growing up is like washing your bed sheets...the process is annoying and occasionally difficult (depending on the accessibility of the bed, for instance)...but then when you lie in bed and smell the fresh clean smell of laundry detergent, all you can say is "aahhhhh....". of course, we never do fully grow up, so whenever we think we've got there, we have to wash the sheets again...
hmm...bad analogy. but i'm doing laundry. all i could think of was that.
love you, miss you!(and praying that you'll maintain sanity in this new job of yours).

3:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home