Muddled Musings

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

the market.

Today I biked to the market for my organic vegetables. By now, the farmers recognize me, endearingly calling me "La belle fleur." One of them made sure that I got the only red pepper they had. My favourite farmer is a grandfatherly fellow who loves teaching me "real" Quebecois phrases (not that "useless" French they teach at the university! he says.). He sells a lot of exotic vegetables-- every week he has another bizarre vegetable to show me. This week, it was an African cucumber, which looks like a little green, lumpy, spherical-ish thing. I'll miss the market and my new farmer friends when it closes for the winter.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rachel:) said...

i love you!

7:43 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

oh, that sounds so fun! i'd love to visit you someday and shop at the market... the markets here are pretty sweet too - we could go nuts at the morrocan stands! :)

1:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ann, i can't wait to go visit you. I should come sometime not during the winter so that i can meet your market friends. I love you lots!

P.S. Stay away from scary men, and don't ride the elevator by yourself, take the stairs -- two at a time. :)

5:39 a.m.  
Blogger Rachel:) said...

Hey darlin! It was amazing to touch base with you too! I got all my work done, and i might actually even be ahead right now! I moved desks and put up a bullitain board! I am a real teacher!:)

12:19 a.m.  
Blogger Mela said...

I wish sioux center had a market.

9:36 a.m.  
Blogger Mike E said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:13 a.m.  
Blogger Mike E said...

Farmers markets are good places. I hope all is well, miss ya Ann. Keep loving life to the full

9:16 a.m.  
Blogger Mike E said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home