Muddled Musings

Monday, January 15, 2007

simon.

My semi-permanent room mate, Marie-Claire and I were on the bus. A guy in a bowler cap and big, black, thick-rimmed glasses. His name is Simon. Simon likes to travel. As it is a bad habit that I have in regards to strangers, we went out for coffee with him. Basically, he lives in Quebec only when he runs out of money and needs to make some more to travel again. Fascinating. Why can't I be that free-spirited? Why do I stress about getting into grad school? I should just travel. Why have I gotten myself into stupid student loans that prevent me from putting a backpack on and waving good bye to this continent?

Uh oh. It's kicked in again-- that nomadic spirit that follows me around. It's been lying dormant for several months now, as I soak in this (still) agreeable Quebecoise culture.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Yeah, that's me. Bittersweet leaves. Now you know I'm not a creepy stalker!

9:45 p.m.  
Blogger Andrea said...

Yeah, I know Brittany! I found out secondhand that she and Dave were engaged....I met Dave last New Years when I was in the Toronto area and we talked about you. Fun times.

9:47 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Ah. We should travel together Ann. I do not particularly like the idea of working every day for the rest of my life.
Why do we think we have to have a permanent job, settle down, work and be responsible? What keeps us from doing what Simon does? Do we need security that much? We humans...we're so simple.
Pff.

2:13 a.m.  
Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

Ann. Don't you dare go out for coffee with strangers by yourself. With a semi-roomate, ok. But not by yourself, ok? Love, Mom.

3:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home