Muddled Musings

Sunday, November 19, 2006

coffee shops and christmas concerts.

Last night I discovered an acceptable coffee shop. I'm not going to rave about it-- it doesn't sell fairtrade and the waitress gave terrible service-- but at least it made decent cappuccinos and had a nice ambiance (well, except the music was too pop rock). OK. So maybe it wasn't that great. But it's the best I've found so far. Anyone who has any business skills should come join me in starting a revolution up here in Quebec and show these Francophones what a coffee shop is supposed to look like. It's strange-- for a people who have a creative, European-flair to their culture, they are lacking in the coffee sector (their pubs are great!!).

On another note (drat. I think I'm about to make a terrible pun): I spent my Sunday morning try to get junior high kids to sing on key for the Christmas Musical. Some of the boys voices are in the midst of pubescent changes. Some of the girls can't find their note. Yup, it truly is going to be a regular, imperfect church Christmas Concert full of laughter and cheer. In reality, I'm actually really proud of these guys: they've got a great attitude and lots of smiles to go around.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

hahaha! you dirty girl! seriously... you should really take your mind out of the gutter... it doesn't seem to quite belong there. :)

12:53 a.m.  
Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

ann, we have to talk sometime! when are you free this weekend?

7:55 p.m.  
Blogger Ruth said...

Hi,
We were just thinking about you (the Denver Vises, two remaining Dordt Vises, and I) and wondering how you are doing. Happy American Thanksgiving to you! Hope your Christmas concert goes well and is a lot of fun. :-)

9:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home