Muddled Musings

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

thanksgiving and parsley.

I love trains. Especially when they take me through forests and streams at the peak of autumn to visit my family in Eastern Ontario for the weekend. My grandma knit slippers for me. My sister baked for me monstrous peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies. My dad made me wine. My aunt cooked a turkey dinner. My mom created a care package. Mmmmm...I love family! It's so strange to be able to see them every month or two instead of 3 times per year (as has been the norm...).

On another note, my poor parsley plant. It's dying. Just like the cilantro plant that died before it. Regarding my cilantro, I understand my mistake-- I transplanted it, thereby putting it into shock, and it was dead within an hour. It was the fastest dying plant I have ever witnessed (and I've worked in a green house for 8 years and seen many plants in my time). But my parsley plant--I've given it sunlight, water, love-- faithfully attending to all of its needs. I don't understand! At least my chives are still growing strong.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kunnari said...

Maybe in the 9th year of greenhouse work they train you on herbs. That's strange that they keep dying. Perhaps there's something in the water. Keep cultivating... it's bound to work.

11:15 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel:) said...

i love you! But secondly, i got an e-mail!:)

8:34 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

i've killed many a plant...what can i say, my family seems to be full of black thumbs.

1:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home